Monday, June 18, 2007

Let's be reasonable!

Sumner Wemp (see link)

Jun 18, 2007

"Come now and let us reason together" so said God. Isa 1:18.

All the way through high school and college I had a hard time with literary courses. I was and still am a slow reader. I never made good grades in them. Math courses was a very different thing. I love them. I made A's in most of them. Algebra, geometry, trigonometry were simple to me. My mind thinks logically. Two plus two equals four. You can not get three and one half or six out of it at all. It just makes sense. So it is with salvation as God has presented it in the holy Bible, His inerrant word of God.

Let me explain

We are all in the same boat, we have all done wrong, we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God Rom 3:23.

God is absolutely holy and heaven is a place with absolutely no sin to pollute it like we have the world here. God being holy and heaven being without sin demands that sin be punished for "the wages of sin is death" Rom 6:23. Death is separation. Sin separates us from God and heaven. One sin allowed in heaven would pollute it just as it polluted the world and would no longer be heaven.

The good news is "Christ died for our sins", paid our debt in full and satisfied God that sin was punished as it should be. Jesus was buried, the proof that He died.

Then Jesus rose from the dead and is alive today. He was seen alive by hundreds of people, the proof that he arose. 1 Cor 15:1-4. No other so called "God" has such a logical, perfect plan of salvation and forgiveness of sin.

Now God is perfectly free and just to forgive us our sins when we believe that what Jesus did on the cross paid our way too and trust God to save us by being willing for God to save us and give us a new birth when in our hearts we receive the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior. Just as a man says "Yes, I will take this woman to be my wife" getting saved is most often consummated when we say to God, "I do receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior right now". Jn 1:12, 13. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Rom 10:13.

The assurance that you too are saved is to believe God, that "He that believes on the Son (to get him to heaven) HAS everlasting life" Jn 3:36. Do believe that or not?

Doesn't it make sense, isn't it reasonable that we give this good news to EVERY person, Mark 16:15, through a tract, testimony or tell them personally like God told us?

You are deeply loved by God and me,

All Because of Calvary. sumner

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'