Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Quotes of the week!

"Coincidences Are God's Way of Remaining Anonymous"

The paramount difference between Christianity and pagan religions is that Christianity has a God who SHED His blood in love for a lost world, while the pagan gods are continually calling for blood... the blood of the people who worship a stone god that cannot see, hear, nor speak. Our God, gave His own blood -once for all, forever, never to be repeated; but the poor heathen returns again and again and again with blood, blood, and more blood! -Oliver B. Greene

The rest of the quotes here are by the late Evangelist B.R. Lakin

I was holding a meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, and the little girl that was doing my room was lamenting the fact that she had not gone to school much, and I said neither did I. I said, Abraham Lincoln only went to school two years in his life, and she said, "Did you all go to school with him?'"

Well, I'll tell you a little something, I discovered America on Thursday, June 5 at 9 o'clock in the morning, in 1901. The old doctor rode seven miles down there in the country and stayed all night and delivered me the next morning. My father paid him $5.00 and he went back, and Dad always felt like he was cheated. You can't get born for that now, you know that.

A fellow came in from work one evening and from the table picked up the bill from the hospital and said to his wife, "Two more payments and the baby is ours."

You can't afford to get born and to die is out of reason. Amen. So I've decided that if I ever find out where I am going to die I won't go there. And the most dangerous place you ever went to, the most dangerous place you ever went is to bed. More people die there than anywhere else."

I was so surprised when I first saw this country I did not speak for more than a year
I was so surprised. . . . and I only had on such clothes as nature provided me with and then you know what, my mother said I had to rustle for my living for the first year and she said I was a good rustler. My mother had 6 children. Dr. Falwell was introducing me one speak one Sunday on the television and when he finished, I turned around and said, 'Dr. Falwell I am glad my mother did not believe in abortion. Look what the world would of missed." And I still don't believe in it, Amen? (many amens).

I believe that God created a male and female. Someone said, 'He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve' (prolonged laughter)."A young fellow came up to me with an Australian sheep-dog haircut" (laughter) "and a pair of britches on so tight at the bottom he would have to grease his feet to get them on, feeling his upper lip for the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen" (laughter)."Then he said, 'Do you believe the Bible contains the word of God?'"I said, No, I believe it is the Word of God."But he said, 'It has so many contradictions in it.'"He had heard somebody say that. I said show me one."Oh he said, 'There's plenty.'"I don't want plenty, just one" (laughter). "And he stood there and sputtered like an arc light. And then he said, 'The Bible is so unscientific.'"That is a big word. He had heard that."He said, 'You know, I think.'"No, you don't think, you ought to (laughter). Why don't you use your own head, like a woodpecker does? But he didn't have any head, just had a stub there that haired over (laughter). He only had a neck with a nose on it (laughter). The fact of the matter is, he just had a pimple, it hadn't come to a head yet" (laughter). "He said, 'Do you believe the miracles of the Bible?'"I said, I sure do." 'Well do you believe that Balaam's Ass talked?'"I said, Yes and when I hear some preachers, I still believe it" (prolonged laughter)."And do you know what he said?" 'You don't believe that Noah and the Ark story do you?'"And I said, I sure do."And he said, 'How big was the ark?'"And I told him, how long, how high and how wide." Then he laughed and said, 'Now you see how ridiculous that is? How would the priest ever carried that across the Jordan?' (prolonged laughter)."Children, if these little peanut-brain, possum-headed, pin-whiskered, rabbit-faced, monkey professors that pray, 'Our father which art in the coconut tree,' if they are bothering you, bring them around, and the old man will tend to them" (loud laughter and Amens).

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'